To Orwell Today,
I just read about new bill HR 1528, an anti-drugs bill which, amongst other things, creates a new offense for persons who:
- witness or learn about certain drug offenses and fail to report the drug offender to the police within 24 hours, or
- fail to provide full assistance to the police in tracking and prosecuting the offender
Offenses that would get someone a 2-year minimum sentence include:
- failing to report a neighbor that is storing or selling drugs when that neighbor has kids
- failing to report anyone that gives a joint to someone under the age of 21, and
- failing to report a college student that is selling marijuana on a college campus.
Hope you find it interesting.
Yes, I find it interesting in the Orwellian scheme of things. Too bad it's all happening in our world instead of just between the pages of "1984".
All the best,
~ an independent researcher monitoring local, national and international events ~
website: www.orwelltoday.com & email: email@example.com